Tuesday, June 11, 2013

My Favorite Books


Some of the books from my list.


I have a list of favorite books that is a work in progress. The books that make it onto the list are the ones I love to read over and over again. They are also books there is no question I'm keeping. I evaluate every time I move if I am going to keep certain books. I also look through my books when I feel like selling to a used bookstore. The books on this list don't ever get considered for removal from my library.

The list doesn't have very many books on it at present. There are so many books I love, but few I want to have on my list. Currently, if there are multiple books from a series, some of them are listed individually, while others are just listed as the series. Just because the whole series does not appear on the list doesn't mean I don't really like them, they just don't go on the list right now. I may change how series appear on the list as it starts to fill out more. I wanted to show my list as it will be referred to when I place a new book on it, or read one from the list and post about it.

The list in no particular order.

  1. Dracula by: Bram Stoker
  2. The Twelve Houses Series by: Sharon Shinn Currently 5 books
  3. The Sagas of the Icelanders by: Robert Kellogg
  4. Harvest for Hope by: Jane Goodall
  5. The Magicians by: Lev Grossman
  6. Cleopatra: A Life by: Stacy Shiff
  7. Innocent Traitor by: Alison Weir
  8. Pride and Prejudice by: Jane Austen
  9. The Help by: Kathryn Stockett
  10. Till We Have Faces by: C.S. Lewis
  11. Soulless by: Gail Carriger
  12. Persuasion by: Jane Austen
  13. Troubled Waters by: Sharon Shinn #1 in the Elemental Blessings Series
  14. Mary, Queen of France by: Jean Plaidy
  15. Grimm's Fairy Tales
  16. Survivor's Quest by: Timothy Zahn
  17. The Surgeon by: Tess Gerritsen #1 in Rizzoli and Isles Series
  18. Jane Eyre by: Charlotte Bronte
  19. How to be a Woman by: Caitlin Moran
  20. Catherine the Great: Portrait of a Woman by: Robert K. Massie
  21. The Hunger Games by: Suzanne Collins 
  22. Catching Fire by: Suzanne Collins
  23. Mockingjay by: Suzanne Collins
  24. The Iliad by: Homer
  25. Washington by: Ron Chernow
  26. The Greek Myths by: Robert Graves
  27. Wives and Daughters by: Elizabeth Gaskell
  28. Fables by: Bill Willingham Currently 21 books
  29. The Hobbit by: J.R.R. Tolkien
  30. Five Chimneys by: Olga Lengyel
  31. Johannes Cabal: The Fear Institue by: Jonathan L. Howard
  32. The Legend Of Sigurd And Gudrun by J.R.R. Tolkien
  33. Green Rider by: Kristen Britain
  34. The Lady Elizabeth by: Alison Weir
  35. Pride And Prejudice And Zombies by: Seth Grahame-Smith
  36. Beauty by: Robin Mckinley
  37. William Shakespeare's Star Wars Trilogy by: Ian Doescher
  38. Hild by: Nicola Griffith
  39. The Dark Elf trilogy by: R.A. Salvatore
  40. Salome by: Oscar Wilde
  41. Myths And Legends Of The British Isles by: Richard Barber
  42. The Maid And The Queen by: Nancy Goldstone
  43. The Wars Of The Roses by: Dan Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment