Friday, May 30, 2014

Parasite





Set in the near future, a cure has been found for common diseases. SymboGen Corporation has discovered a way to introduce a parasite to humans that boosts the immune system and greatly reduces the chance of disease. Within several years, almost every human has decided to have a tapeworm implanted in them. Everything seems perfect until the parasites decide they want to be in control. Suddenly, everyone who has a parasite inside them is in danger of being taken over by a tapeworm.

I had been looking forward to reading this book since I heard about it. Everyone kept telling me how good it was. I was thrilled to finally get a chance to read it. What a great read! It was an interesting blend of science fiction and medical mystery. I like it when a story is fascinating, but also makes you think. I got caught up in the plot and could not stop reading it. I liked the underlying points that people just accept whatever the latest trend in medicine is without allowing time for long term studies to be done, or understanding the details of what we do know. This book will make you think twice about just trusting what people tell you. You will also be even more wary of tapeworms after this.

The book was a little slower at some points, but that is because this is the first book in a series and it did not stop me from liking the book. Everything about the series was being set up here, and that is why some people complain that it lags in some spots. Overall, the book was interesting, so do not let a couple of people complaining about slow parts stop you from reading Parasite. Keep reading and you will understand how skillful the author is in creating this book. I cannot wait to read the next book in the series.

If you like science fiction or medical mysteries, I recommend reading this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment